Battle Royale 3 2014
A Battle Royale will be held at the Heritage Hall (12460 Harris Road, Pitt Meadows) on MARCH 29TH 2014. During this event the participants will be able to compete for prizes and showcase their talent to the public.
The Battle Royale is an opportunity for local performers to network with new people and help foster an atmosphere of camaraderie amongst the artists of the Tri-City area. This is a rare opportunity for them to unite, display their talents and receive recognition from the community resulting in increased motivation and expanding support networks.
- Best Rapper
- Best Band
Performers will go head to head displaying their skills for a crowd of ~250 people. The event will be preceded by a skateboard competition at the Pitt Meadows Skatepark and will be loaded with door prizes, tons of giveaways and even a 50/50 raffle. There are a limited number of tickets available and they are priced at $10/advance and $12/door.
- Battle Royale is limited to 10 hip-hop artists and 7 bands. Rappers and bands must qualify for entry by submitting a short biography and music sample which will be loaded to their own artist profile on the One Love website. Once approved, qualified participants will be contacted for their entry fee ($20/rapper, $30/band). Selected performers will be notified of their approval by March 9th.
- The rap battle will be in the "Cypher" format and performers should have no less than 5 minutes of material prepared. Each rapper will have 3-4 minutes to drop their best rhymes and impress the crowd and judges. The top 4 rappers will continue on to a head to head finale.
- Bands will perform one 15 minute set. All bands will use the same drum set, amps and mics but must provide their own guitars, basses and keyboards.
- Performers will be judged on originality, stage presence, crowd involvement and content.
- The rap battle winner will receive up to $350 worth of prizes from the event sponsors and some cash.
- The winning band will receive up to $450 worth of prizes from the event sponsors and some cash.
- Rappers and bands will receive 25 tickets each with their entry fee. They can sell these tickets for $10ea and after selling 15 tickets they can keep 100% of the money collected from the remaining tickets.
Battle Royale will help increase awareness of local businesses and artists, strengthen unity in the community and create initiatives that foster the development of local talent.
As an establishment capable of significant influence amongst our peers and the community we at One Love feel inclined to find, promote and support local talent and initiatives. We aim to become a pillar in our community, leading by example and creating positive experiences that leave lasting impressions and connections helping to push us further as a collective.
For more info contact
Carson Kadatz / Dan Pageau (778) 786-1140
© 2019 One Love Skateboard Shop